There will be a Special Session following the Organizational Session currently scheduled for November 16th. Over 1/3 of the Florida Legislature is now comprised of newly-elected members so House Speaker-Designate, Dean Cannon, along with incoming Senate President Mike Haridopolos, have called for a meeting to discuss a handful of potential veto overrides, as well as discuss the principles the Florida Legislature will consider in drafting a proposal for future Medicaid reform.
The bills that were previously vetoed by Governor Crist which may be the subject of potential overrides are:
• HB 545-Residential Property SalesIn addition to discussing these bills, the Legislature will also e asked to evaluate the State’s Septic Tank program scheduled to be implemented on January 1, 2011 as well as a review of Florida’s HVAC and Solar Rebates program.
• HB 981-Agriculture
• HB 1516-State-Owned Lands
• HB 1565-Rulemaking
• HB 5603-Department of Financial Services
• HB 569-Landfill
• HB 1385-Petroleum Site Clean Up
• SB 1842-Transportation Projects
• HB 5611-Review of Department of Management Services Under the Florida Government Accountability Act
To view the actual Memorandum from Speaker-Designate Cannon to Members of the Florida House, please click the link below:
This work by Donna DiMaggio Berger, Esq. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Generic License.